Friday 20 September 2013

FORMER DR. FEELGOOD GUITARIST WILKO JOHNSON'S SAD ANNOUNCEMENT

RECORDING FAREWELL ALBUM WITH ROGER DALTREY

 
 
I am very sad to announce that Wilko Johnson has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the Pancreas.  He has chosen not to receive any chemotherapy.
 
He is currently in good spirits, is not yet suffering any physical effects and can expect to enjoy at least another few months of reasonable health and activity.
 
Wilko wishes to offer his sincere thanks for all the support he has had over his long career, from those who have worked with him to, above all, those devoted fans and admirers who have attended his live gigs, bought his recordings and generally made his life such an extraordinarily full and eventful experience.
 
From Robert Hoy (manager)
 
Terminally ill Wilko Johnson is set to spend his final days recording an album with Roger Daltrey.  Former Dr. Feelgood guitarist Wilko, 66 set out on a farewell tour in the spring after being diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer. Ill health prevented him from performing the final two shows in Canvey Island, Essex, where he was born.

He decided to team up with The Who's Daltrey after the pair met at an awards ceremony this month.  Wilko said: "They did tell me in January I'd be dead in October, but I may last into next year.  I hope we'll have something done before I go.  There are a few more things I want to record.  I wrote some songs right after getting this diagnosis.  It won't be morbid, though.  I can't have any truck with that.  The music I want to continue to make, I think, generally should be a laugh not a cry.  So there's not going to be any cancer dirges."


Wilko Johnson's Official Website Link:
http://www.wilkojohnson.org/#!

Official Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/WilkoJohnsonBand?ref=br_tf




 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment