Saturday 13 October 2012

Legendary Keyboardist Patrick Moraz Plays Concert


The legendary keyboardist Patrick Moraz plays a rare concert in Switzerland at the end of October.Patrick has had a hugely successful solo career over the last forty plus years and released albums including The Story of i, Patrick Moraz and Future Memories. In the eighties Patrick formed a duo with former Yes and King Crimson drummer Bill Bruford and over the years has also played with the bands Mainhorse, Refugee, Yes and the Moody Blues. The concert is billed as Patrick Moraz and Friends and the details are below along with telephone numbers and website for booking tickets.

Patrick recently released two archive releases both live. The first is with former Yes drummer Bill Bruford and the second a solo live recording from Abbey Road Studios These releases along with many other Patrick Moraz albums can be purchased here :
http://www.floatingworldrecords.co.uk/artists/patrick-moraz/


Concert: Patrick Moraz & Friends
At 19h, LAS presents a very special evening of music with legendary keyboardist, pianist and composer Patrick Moraz former member of the groups as "Mainhorse", "Refugee" and "Yes and The Moody Blues."Schedule:
Sunday, 28 October 12

Category: Concerts
Address: Leysin American School
...

1854 Leysin
Tel. +41 (0) 24 493 37 77
Fax +41 (0) 22 493 15 85
www.las.ch

2 comments:

  1. Oh Man, I am such a fan of Patrick, for so many years, I recently updated my Vinyl archive with the recently released CD's. And the more I listen, the more I appreciate the intensity and depth of his musical prowess. I am a trumpet player myself; My Brother Robert Vanryne is a Professional Trumpet player and used to have to listen to all my Moraz albums all those years ago on my car cassette hi-fi. But for what it’s worth, they all were well ahead of their time. What more can I say. We all love you here Patrick !!!
    John Vanryne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pianist! congrats, Patrick!

    ReplyDelete