Julian Lennon Releases New App
To say things have changed in the way artists can reach their fans since Julian released his debut album Valotte in 1984 would be a massive understatement. No internet, iTunes, YouTube or social media, back then it was ‘get it on the radio’ and ‘get me on TV’. Which Julian did, resulting in 2 US No.1 Mainstream Rock hits along with Top 10 hits around the world.
Fast forward to 2013 and Julian like many artists has embraced modern technology in delivering his art to his fans. In this new ground-breaking App, Julian has brought together all forms of modern technology by delivering his latest works in an audio, film and visual interactive format.
The App (which is available in all formats – Apple, Android, Windows, Kindle Fire), brings the user experience to a new level. Displaying everything in a rich video, The app’s centerpiece is, Through The Picture Window: a frank and funny, lush and stylish feature-length documentary giving insight into what drives Julian as an artist and shining a spotlight on what it’s really like to be Julian Lennon.
The App features:
* Fully interactive menus that glide the user around the App.
* Through The Picture Window the feature length documentary.
* The Visual Album: Julian's latest album Everything Changes with bespoke videos for all 14 tracks in rich playback.
* Hidden features and bonus content for those with an inquisitive nature.
* The ‘un-plugged’ acoustic album: acoustic versions of all 14 tracks, synched with the videos
* Live switching between acoustic and album versions just by shaking your device!
* The full, frank and funny interview with U2 singer Bono, talking about Julian's work and friendship.
* Paul Buchanan from The Blue Nile sharing his perception and experience of working with Julian in the form of a short film monologue.
* A lean-forward, interactive mode of viewing the film featuring on-screen Butterfly Links, that take the user above, around and beyond the linear film and back again.
* Users can download Julian's Butterfly Artwork to their devices to use as wallpaper and screen savers.
Filmed by award winning film-maker Dick Carruthers [Oasis, Led Zeppelin, The Killers, Aerosmith], the documentary is a feature length, in-depth look at the story behind Everything Changes, examining the history, influences and the creative process itself.
Lush and stylized, the film is packed full of fascinating B-roll imagery, along with exclusive interviews with the likes of Bono, Steven Tyler, and of course, Julian himself. The interactive viewing mode of the documentary with animated butterflies tempts the user to explore the songs, videos and other content.
His latest album Everything Changes is another collection of powerful and sophisticated adult pop, which includes Someday; the superb collaboration with Steven Tyler, who comments“you can't hide from a good song… it just blew me away.”
Through The Picture Window showcases and examines Julian's work and relationships: what motivates and informs them; and in so doing frames a revealing portrait of Julian Lennon the Artist: the inside truth about his music, his philanthropy, and his new-found love of photography.
'He's an easy hang isn't he?... when he's not hitting you over the head with a whiskey bottle' - Bono
'I had a lot of fun writing with him and I like tapping into genius like that because it does nothing but set me on fire' - Steven Tyler
'I've always felt I have written songs that have that hope for the future' - Julian Lennon
The App also features links to many websites including:
* Julian's official Facebook.
* iTunes for Julian's album Everything Changes.
* Lyrics, translations and sheet music for Everything Changes.
* White Feather Foundation Charity.
* Julian Lennon official website.
* Julian Lennon photography.
* Websites of contributors and associates.
This honest look at his creative world captures and reveals what moves Julian Lennon artistically, and gives an insight into the process by which he brings a project to life.
* TheAapp will be regularly updated by Julian with new content, pictures, videos, music and features.