Wednesday 7 August 2013

A Homage To The Memory and Musical Legacy of George Duke.


It is in a French Music Magazine that the above photo appeared a few years ago : "The Infernal Trio : Patrick Moraz, George Duke and Chick Corea.

A homage To The Memory and Musical Legacy of George Duke.

I was contacted earlier today by Patrick Moraz and asked to share his thoughts on the passing of George Duke 
 Jon Kirkman

"It is with great sadness that I have heard of the passing of George Duke.
He was without a doubt, one of the most inspired and versatile Jazz keyboardists, composers, and producers of the last 50 years!
I greatly admired his amazing playing and his professionalism in every musical situation. 

It has been my pleasure, over the years to have acquainted with George, at different Jazz Festivals and various musical Conventions. 
My last meeting with him was in Switzerland, during the Jazz Festival of Montreux, where, on a lovely summer's night we had dinner on the terrace of an Italian Bistro and spoke of music and the old days…  
...It will forever remain a wonderful memory of a great evening with a "true musical genius".

I would like to offer to George's Family, my deepest respects and condolences in these difficult and sad times."

God Bless and Musically Yours!

Patrick Moraz

No comments:

Post a Comment