Saturday 27 July 2013

R.I.P Mike Shipley

  Sad news reached us earlier about the death of GRAMMY winner producer/mixer/engineer Mike Shipley 

Mike  was one of the music industry’s top mixers; with a hit-making career that spanned over thirty years, working with  a wide range of artistes, including  Queen, , AC/DC,  Joni Mitchell, The Cars, Meat Loaf, Def Leppard, Mr. Mister,  Winger, The Clash,  Tom Petty, Foreigner...Cheap Trick, Jimmy Barnes, Van Halen, Kim Carnes,, Blondie, Aerosmith,  , Nickelback, , Ric Ocasek, Jefferson Airplane, Green Day and The Black Crowes



 He also worked on the Rock of Ages soundtrack featuring Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin and Russel Brand.

 

 
 


Kip Winger posted on his Facebook page :'' I'm very sorry to hear that the great Mike Shipley has died. He was a dear friend. Mike was a kind, generous, funny, supremely talented and skilled person.

He taught me how to really make a record. I owe the majority of my studio skill to him. In my opinion he was a true genius, a title I rarely give out.

This is a tragic loss to the world to say the least. I'll miss you Mike.

R.I.P. Mike Shipley.



http://www.allmusic.com/artist/mike-shipley-mn0000485325/credits


Marilyn Michaels
 

No comments:

Post a Comment